Thursday, October 8, 2009

Trash The Dress Romance


I was expecting to photograph a standard Trash-The-Dress session on the beach with a recent bride.
It ended being a romantic portrait time with the newlyweds.

I drove to NYC to photograph in his folks' backyard, Brighton Beach.
It was a rainy Sunday, two days after their wedding day... which I photographed.
The downpour stopped JUST as we were going for the short stroll to the boardwalk.

The session was a fun, barefoot time running and kissing in the waves & sand.
It lasted for about an hour.
It was a great time for the couple to just be together after a long weekend of parties and plans.

This is one of my favorite posed shots of them.
I shoot my formals in a less-than-formal way, in the documentary way.
I was a photojournalist at a local newspaper for many years, so this is my style of shooting.
I feel it is the nicest way to do any portrait or wedding.
It shows off the folk as they really are.
No forced smiles, or uncomfortable looks.

Thank you for the invitation to come along on a very special afternoon!

photos property of Jenn Burdick & jennBurdick photography ©2009

No comments:

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS COPYRIGHT OF JENN BURDICK,
UNLESS NOTED.
do not use without permission